5 DAYS, 5 WEEKS, 5 HOURS
GIVE 5 is an innovative “civic matchmaking” program that connects central Missouri retirees and soon-to-be retirees aged 60 or better with meaningful volunteer opportunities. Participants learn about the most challenging problems facing our community and uncover ways their skills and passions can be utilized to help make a difference in addressing those social and systemic issues. GIVE 5'ers help out in a variety of social impact areas, from education to child care to housing and more.
During sessions, participants have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of central Missouri’s challenges and the services available through behind-the-scenes tours of a variety of nonprofit organizations working to address those issues. On Graduation Day, participants select one, or more, nonprofits they choose to commit 5 hours a month of volunteer service to.
Expect to have fun, make new friends and learn about volunteer opportunities that match your talents, passions and personality!
Program made possible through a partnership with Aging Best.
Applications are now open for both Class 3 and Class 4!
GIVE 5 Class 3:
- Wednesday, November 1 - Orientation/Program Day 1
- Wednesday, November 8 - Program Day 2
- Wednesday, November 15 - Program Day 3
- Wednesday, November 22 - No Class, Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, November 29 - Program Day 4
- Wednesday, December 6 - Graduation
GIVE 5 Class 4:
- Wednesday, February 7 - Orientation/Program Day 1
- Wednesday, February 14 - Program Day 2
- Wednesday, February 21 - Program Day 3
- Wednesday, February 28 - Program Day 4
- Wednesday, March 6 - Graduation
Please note: Applicants are encouraged to attend all session days, which are typically 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. If you have concerns about missing one or more session days, please contact Hannah Gerard at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Us
Thanks for your interest in the GIVE 5 program. We look forward to talking with you! For more information, call 573-636-4100 or email Hannah Gerard at firstname.lastname@example.org.